Monday, November 8, 2010

my consciousness

(Submitted by Ayush)
When I think about space, and time, and the possibilities that exist in the universe, I tend to de-emphacize anything I consider “too specific”. I consider myself more “universally-minded”, or something, if I give myself bigger perspective and consider all life on Earth as just a tiny speck on the overall picture.
I maintain that Earth life is not the be-all and end-all, but I’ve come to appreciate that it isn’t nothing, either. The life I am given, personally, specifically, is no less miraculous or wonderous than any supernova or black hole.

I’ve been seeing individuality as sort of the enemy of what we’re trying to do, but it must not be excluded. Individuality is important. It provides us with a perspective, a pin-hole through which to view the universe. It clouds us from absolute truth but shows us the details, the little truths that exist.
The sky is blue. 2+2=4. These are things we know, and they are no less true upon knowing more. It’s just that once you know more, you don’t care, you take it for granted. Imagine, if everyone knew God the way they knew that 2+2=4. Our indiviudal existences would be trivialized by the knowledge of the whole. Individuals would seize to be, and then the whole would seize to be.
……..
I don’t know where I’m going with this. But there is something stageable about the last paragraph

No comments:

Post a Comment